Lets start by saying goodbye to old licensing restrictions: 8’s new licensing agreement allows Software Organiser to be used on any number of machines and used by any number of users!
Every new feature is available to all version 8 users…
- Search Machine Data – quickly lists all machines matching your search criteria; user name, machine name or department for example. Click any machine returned to view what’s installed.
- End of Life and End of Support Dates – assign end of life and end of support dates to any application then report on them.
- Enhanced User Access and Security – secure data to a more granular level by controlling who can access and report on software installation data, renewals, licensing shortfalls etc.
- My Portal – SAM isn’t easy and we’re here to help, sometimes that means sharing files with each other. My Portal is a secure file sharing system dedicated to exchanging files between us and your organisation safely.
- EDMS Support for Multiple Documents – assign as many scanned images and documents as you wish to a single invoice, licensing agreement or renewal etc. and save them in SO’s database. Add notes to each document to help you remember why you assigned it!
- Compliance Timeline – a powerful feature, that’s easy to use, enabling you to go back in time and compare then export compliance reports or view an application’s compliance trend over time.
- Export all Compliance Statements – great for management review meetings, this feature creates a single Excel workbook where each business unit’s compliance statement has its own worksheet.
- View Machines with Requirement – in just one click, view the details of those machines that actually make up the licensing requirement for any user selected application.
- New Installations / Lost Installations – ever wondered why an application’s compliance position changed? Now you can stop wondering. View how many new installations of an application were discovered and how many have been lost.
We made lots of tweaks and other small amendments that haven’t been mentioned here – but details are available on request.